DescriptionPlease note this is the Swedish version of Crossword Help. For the English version look for "Crossword Help English" (or from your phone scroll down and click on "More from Havos Ltd", or from the web "More from Developer" on the left).
Here are the six main advantages of Crossword Help Swedish compared to other crossword solvers:
1) Contains 55,000+ Proper Nouns, including full names, professions, nationality, date of birth and death for about 40,000 famous people and around 14,000 places, i.e. countries, citys, rivers, mountains etc. These proper nouns are essential for solving general knowlegde clues. These clues are the type that you either know them or you don't, i.e. difficult to just guess, so if you do not know a particular person you are usually stuck.
2) Provides filtering to narrow down on possible matches, essential when only one or a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words. Who has the time or patience to look through a list of 200+ matches?
3) Contains special functionality for solving cryptic clues and extensive help on how it use it.
4) Solves two word combinations, particularly useful combined with first and last names of famous people, or when doing cryptic clues.
5) Contains small words lists for common German words, since some clues are for simple foreign words (upgrade version contains more foreign language words)
6) Each match informs you what it is, i.e person, city, rare word, german word etc.
Most of these features are not in any of the other crossword solver applications. And they are all available without the need for a constant internet connection.
Crossword Help Swedish is the ultimate companion for anyone that enjoys doing Swedish crosswords and other Swedish word games.
Please note that while the word list for Crossword Help Swedish is a Swedish word list, the user interface and help is all in English. Where possible Crossword Help Swedish tries to find the Swedish versions for Wiktionary and Wiki.
Full Features List:
- Lightning fast search engine. No search button needed as possible matches are displayed instantly as you type.
- Easy to use, just provide the known letters, hitting space for the unknown ones.
- Comprehensive list of 400,000+ Swedish words, split into common and rare lists to help you find the right match.
- An additional list of 55,000+ Proper Nouns, i.e. names of countries, cities etc, plus first names and surnames of famous people (both living and dead), as well as Deities and Heros from Mythology. Details for people include nationalities, professions, and year of birth/death.
- Finds Anagrams of the supplied letters, including two-word anagrams.
- Easy to use filters to select the word list (or lists) to be searched, to help reduce the number of possible matches that must be looked through.
- Supports double-word solutions, particularly useful in cryptic crosswords, when some of the letters can be guessed but it is not known in which word, and when searching for both names of people.
- Small word list of approx 2000 German words, for clues requiring some knowledge of common German words
- Filter places based on its type, such as City, River etc.
- Quick link to "mobile friendly" wiktionary page to see detailed word definitions (network connection required)
- Quick link to the wiki page for people and places (network connection required)
- Versions are also available to help with English, German and Dutch crosswords
Additional Features for the Upgrade Version (can be purchased in-app for a nominal fee):
- No adverts
- Small foreign words lists (2000 - 7000 words) for French and Latin languages (others to come later)
- Filter people by specifying their profession or nationality, which are often known from their clues
Other Keywords: Korsordshjälp, word finder, crossword cheat, crossword helper, scrabble, crossword solver, crossword assistant, quiz, general knowledge, word list, famous people, place names, CrossMate