DescriptionMTA tracker allows riders to take advantage of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's vehicle monitoring service, MTA Bus Time.
** Important! **
Not all MTA routes are currently supported. MTA Bus Time will be available NYC-wide by the end of 2013. See the this site for a list of currently supported routes:
MTA tracker allows you to define alerts for MTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all vehicles on those routes, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed on the side of MTA buses).
- You can define alerts for when a MTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by MTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defined by MTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using MTA's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of MTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for MTA alerts.
This is not an official MTA app; I am not affiliated with MTA in any way.