DescriptioniPlayAudio is a lightweight AirPlay / Air Play audio receiver. It will appear in AirPlay applications (such as itunes) as a device you can play music to. It works in the background, streaming music to your Android device.
IMPORTANT: before starting the app, make sure you are connected to a WiFi network.
- stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, airfoil, ...)
- run in the background as a service
- configurable speaker name
- can be started on boot
- can mute playback on phone call
- Audio only, no video
- does not play in sync with other Airplay receivers
- does not work with RaopX on MacOS X and the raop module for pulseaudio on Linux
- does not work yet on GoogleTV
Examples of use:
- stream your itunes music to your Android device with Hyperfine Remote for iTunes
- wireless speaker or headset
- recycle older or broken Android devices as a dedicated networked speaker
Keyword: Audio, AirPlay, Air Play, AirPort, Air Port, Air Tune, iTune, Mirroring, RAOP, iOS, AirFoil