DescriptionGiving examples of real usage, this software provides the basic information about grammar and punctuation that people need on a day-to-day basis.
Arranged A-Z, it contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. Readers of all levels will find this guide essential.
This is a fully functional trial!
* Over 250 questions of grammar and punctuation clearly explained
* Uses examples of real English to clarify grammatical points taken from the Oxford Corpus
* The supplementary section gives an overview of grammatical terms and the structure of English sentences
* Contains special longer entries on a wide range of subjects, such as the difference between active and passive
* Includes terms specified in the school National Strategies, making it suitable for homework as well as general use
In addition to explaining basic terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', entries also discuss whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation gives the reader quick and easy access to the answers to these, and many other, questions of grammar. It offers clear and coherent explanations, and illustrations across a broad range of topics, and is the first port of call for any reader seeking clear, authoritative help with grammar and punctuation.
Both easy to use and comprehensive, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation is an essential tool for writing at home, in the office, at school, and at college.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products