DescriptionThe medium-sized PONS Dictionary Italian STANDARD contains 160,000 keywords, phases and translations.
Do you read or write in Italian or German in your everyday life, your spare time or as part of your job?
Then the PONS Dictionary German-Italian/Italian-German STANDARD is the right reference tool for you.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
Everyone who has to continually look up Italian or German words in their everyday life, their spare time or even as part of their job.
About the contents:
* Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 75,000 keywords and phrases and more than 85,000 translations
* Bi-directional: German => Italian and Italian => German
* With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
* Includes country-specific vocabulary from Austria and Switzerland
* With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
* Looking up words in the installed dictionaries is possible via the standard phone search function.
* Easy search function: Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
* Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘Italian => German’ to ‘German => Italian’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click.
* Word of the day widget displays a random entry from the dictionary daily.
* Installation on memory cards.
Is the size of the dictionary right for me?
50,000 keywords and phrases
Ideal for everyday and leisure use (the most important vocabulary)
75,000 keywords and phrases
Ideal for adults who want to learn the language or for use at language schools/adult education centres
130,000 keywords and phrases
Ideal for everyday, leisure and business use (medium-sized vocabulary)
133,000 keywords and phrases
Ideal for everyday, leisure and business use (large vocabulary)
320,000 keywords and phrases
Ideal for professional users, such as teachers, students, translators, engineers, lawyers, computer scientists, medical experts, etc. (the most comprehensive vocabulary collection that PONS has to offer)
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
* A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections