DescriptionThe most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own, the Webster's New World College Dictionary is selected by Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and other leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. Ten years of lexicographic research culminates to form the latest edition of the renowned Webster's New World(r) College Dictionary.
This fourth edition combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated and expanded edition for this age of instant global communication. Unsurpassed for nearly half a century for its reliability, clarity, and precision, Webster's New World(r) College Dictionary provides the most accurate and current information available anywhere.
Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
* Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
* Thousands of examples of current word usage
* More than 160,000 entries and over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs, and maps
* Page and text redesigned for even greater readability
* The official dictionary of the Associated Press
The thesaurus that works hardest for you, Webster's New World Roget's Thesaurus opens up the world of words and leads you to more precise and more effective communication. Thousands of synonym entries include the broadest and most useful word comparisons and the greatest number of examples of any thesaurus, with more grammatical and usage information and a greater variety of related terms. Entries are arranged in alphabetical order, so synonyms are easy to find.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Webster's Bundle is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
New features in version 3
* Optimized for Android 3.0 and higher
* Pinch zoom
* Bug fixing