DescriptionTest and improve your knowledge of military and civil aviation with this fun and addictive trivia quiz game. Features around 3200 images of almost 1100 powered aircraft ranging from the Wright Flyer to aircraft currently in development.
How the categories work:
'Included' categories are ored together. For example:
Include jet and propeller will show everything that is a jet or is a propeller.
NOTE: (Be careful not to select an odd combination of categories or the selection may be severely limited. For example, if you include mach 2+ and exclude jets and rockets, you have nothing!)
Propeller (single, twin, and quad)
Jet (twin and quad)
Speed (You can exclude mach 1+ to see only subsonic aircraft)
mach 2+ (note that all mach 2+ planes are also mach 1+)
An example of how to properly use the categories:
Example: You want to see only 4 engine propeller World War 2 aircraft.
exclude Jet, Single Propeller, Twin Propeller
include Quad Prop
exclude Korea, WWI, Civil,...
Doing this excludes several aircraft that also saw action in Korea.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why don't all photos come with the game when I first download it?
There are 3 reasons for this:
- The game would be so big that many people would not download it.
- Devices with larger screens (tablets) should get higher quality pictures and devices with smaller screens (phones) should get smaller pictures. Tablet-sized photos on a phone would just waste space and phone-sized images on a tablet would look fuzzy.
- Images for categories that you are not interested in are not downloaded.
Why is nothing displayed for my rank on the main menu?
You must enable the leader board.
In the gallery, why do some images not show up? The name is there, but the photo is blank.
This happens because there is not an image for that particular item saved to your device. The app will try to download images so that this does not happen, but will fail under any of theses circumstances:
- You have no data connection or a very slow data connection.
- You have disabled image downloads in the settings.
- You are roaming.
- Your device is critically low on storage space.
- All 3 of our image servers are down at the same time.
How are the scores calculated?
Several factors influence your score:
- Percent correct.
- The average time that it took you to answer the questions.
- Length of the game.
- How restrictive your categories are. So, if your categories limit the possible quiz items to a small percentage of the total possible quiz items, you will get a lower score assuming that everything else is equal.
How does the difficulty work?
- On a lower difficulty, you will usually be asked to identify common items.
- On a higher difficulty, you will usually be asked to identify rare items.
- As the difficulty increases, the 3 wrong choices will be more similar to the correct item.
Not a flight simulator