DescriptionThe Personal and Family Advance Directive Manager offers unlimited storage of documents and people profiles. It is designed to revolutionize information sharing during a medical crisis so that your advance care documents and information can be instantly conveyed and delivered. Now you can securely store and retrieve these documents in PDF, and export them to a hospital or physician in minutes.
The My Health Care Wishes Pro version allows you to create a digital library containing your advance care plan and those of your spouse, parent(s), children and anyone you care for deeply. You carry their health care wishes on your smartphone and they carry your wishes and others, on their smartphones.
This single app gives you immediate access to PDF versions of your advance directives and those of your loved ones — the living will, health care power of attorney (HCPOA, health care proxy), DNR order and POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment).
Advance directives are rarely there when you need them. Imagine having your wishes and those belonging to your loved ones away at college, in a retirement community or nursing home, working in a different city, or under the same roof, stored in one place and a click away, “just in case.” These documents don't belong tucked away in a safety deposit box or in a file cabinet somewhere. Import and store them on your smartphone so they are there for medical decision-making anytime anywhere.
Future Affect and Impact:
Most of us haven’t given much thought to health consent and other related matters surrounding medical complications, life support or end of life. But seeing the service provided by this app, the added value and purpose is clear—this is certainly something anyone 18+ could use for peace of mind.
In the future, health care professionals will look first on your smartphone for the easily recognizable My Health Care Wishes icon instead of searching for a wallet card!
Features of the My Health Care Wishes Lite and Pro versions:
• Assures complete confidentiality because the data resides only on the smartphone. The data in secure on your smartphone and does not reside on any server or cloud service.
• Grabs contact information from your contacts list.
• Shows or sends a summary of your health care wishes via text or email to health care providers.
• Allows import of advance directive document(s)
• Emails your advance directive document to loved ones and health care professionals and/or facilities.
• Carries key information on primary & secondary proxy, and primary care physician.
• Allows editing and updating documents as you age and your health status changes.
• Keeps track of document versions by date entered.
• Allows downloading free PDF wallet card.
• Includes a PDF summary worksheet for ease in collecting the information needed to customize a folder
• Imports documents via email
• Opt-in to annual email reminders if you'd like a little nudge to check that your saved information is still current
Additional features with the My Health Care Wishes Pro only (Personal & Family Manager):
• Unlimited storage of documents and people profiles
• Email stored documents to a health care provider — be prepared in case of emergency to advocate for your loved ones, no matter where you are
• Store additional details about you and your loved ones: specialists, emergency contacts, insurance, and medical conditions
• The Personal and Family Manager allows you to show the relationships between profiles you've stored
• Click-to-call and click-to-email feature gives you an instant connection to those whose profiles you've stored
• Syncing to your DropBox account to allow for easy importing and exporting of PDF documents
• ABA multi-state power of attorney toolkit PDF for use in most states
• More resource tips and links to help you plan smart and effectively!