DescriptionSailGrib WR is a sailing weather routing app.
It calculates the fastest sailing route between 2 points.
Before you purchase this app, it is highly recommended that you try the free version which is fully functional but limited to requesting and viewing only the next 48 hours forecast and to calculating routes of 150NM or less.
In SailGrib WR, you can specify amongst other parameters:
- the grib file: SailGrib WR includes the regular SailGrib features.
- the start and the destination points,
- the departure date and time,
- the speed polar file of your boat. SailGrib WR uses regular Maxsea polar files (.pol extension)
SailGrib WR includes a set of more than 80 polar files for different sailboats.
- wind limits up and downwind
- minimum upwind angle for comfort while cruising
- night efficiency loss for cruising
- mixed routing: use your engine if you are too slow sailing.
Grib files are computer-generated forecast files which are sent without review, and are offered on an as-is basis. There is no assurance that the data is accurate or correct. By using such data, you acknowledge and agree to these limitations.
The weather routing module is for planning purpose only and should not be used for navigation. The map used by the weather routing algorithm is very coarse and for example does not include all the islands.
By using these data and this algorithm you agree to these limitations and assume all the responsibility for their use.