DescriptionOpenScape Mobile V7R1 extends Unified Communications from Siemens Enterprise Communications OpenScape UC Server to smart phones and tablets. OpenScape Mobile V7R1 includes feature-rich VoIP and Video capabilities (video requires OpenScape Voice V7R1 patch set 30 and above), extending the OpenScape One Number Service functionality to your mobile device as well as allowing you to seamlessly move calls between desk phone, Wi-Fi and cellular. OpenScape Mobile V7R1 reduces cellular charges through lower air-time minutes and roaming charges by making and receiving calls over Wi-Fi from your home, a Wi-Fi hotspot or on the corporate Wi-Fi. .
OpenScape Mobile introduces OpenScape Call Swipe which enables users to seamlessly move calls from their mobile device to a nearby desktop device, and vice-versa. Users can also decide to swipe calls to the cellular network or the Wi-Fi. OpenScape Call Swipe only requires a simple finger gesture to seamlessly move a call to the most convenient device or network!
OpenScape Mobile is able to work in three modes (depending on the licenses purchased):
● UC - only: the user can control OpenScape Unified Communications (UC) functions such as setting preferred device, setting presence status, access to UC contacts and conferences.
● Voice/Video-only: enables VoIP and Video on the mobile device and provides additional features such as call transfer, call forwarding and call swipe.
● Combined: enables full UC, VoIP and Video functionality in one single mobile application.
OpenScape Mobile V7R1 provides integration of the UC capabilities including:
● Set presence and view presence state of others
● Set preferred device to receive calls
● Audio conferencing (edit and join)
● One Number Service to find you regardless of device
● Automatically import credentials from OpenScape UC Mobile client, if installed and configured.
These OpenScape UC Mobile client features are combined with the Call Swipe capabilities of OpenScape Mobile into a single mobile client. OpenScape Mobile is now the end-user’s single point to leverage comprehensive Voice, Video and UC functionality.
Support for Android tablets is not provided for this version and may be added in a later version.
Android tablets are known to work with OpenScape Mobile with limitations:
1) The user interface is not optimized for the tablet screens.
2) It requires a third-party dialer, which can be downloaded from Google Play, but we cannot guarantee that the dialer will work properly with OpenScape Mobile.