DescriptionThe new Shell Motorist app is designed to help you to get more out of driving, and to give you Shell information and personalised special offers at your fingertips:
• Use the app to receive special offers, check your balance and your Shell loyalty card transactions for any Shell loyalty card. You can also see how you can spend your loyalty points.
• It can help keep you on top of your vehicle’s maintenance -use the reminder service to receive alerts when your vehicle’s tax, servicing, insurance or annual check-up are due.
• Our route planner is designed to help you find the best way to your destination and to estimate the cost of your journey.
• The station locator shows your nearest Shell service station to help you fill up with ease once out on the road.
• You can also see information on Shell highlights and products.
Loyalty offers, balances and transactions are currently only available in the following markets: UK, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Hungary, Bulgaria, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Switzerland.
Further markets will be rolled out in future releases of this application.
If you have questions or feedback on the Shell Motorist app, then please email us at SITI-MLM-Support@shell.com.
USER PERMISSIONS CLARIFICATIONS
We are investigating why the Motorist app is requesting unexpected user permissions. If you are concerned about this increase in permissions, please wait until we release an application update fixing this issue.
In the meantime, the reasons for asking specific user permissions are:
o Your location - Station finder and closest stations use GPS information
o Your personal information - Motoring reminders stores data in your calendar
o Network communication - All sections in the app use network access
o Storage - A lot of images are cached in the phone disk. News & products are saved in disk
o Camera – You can take a picture of your vehicle (car, van or motorcycle) and add it to the Motoring reminders section of the app
o Phone calls – In case you need to make a call to our customer service centre using the app and we also use it to get an unique ID (Phone Identity)
o Hardware controls - To allow vibration
o Development tools - To store settings in SD card of the phone