DescriptionFirst published in 1959, the "Big Red Book," as it's come to be known, has gone the extra mile for pharmacists and healthcare professionals seeking answers to the most detailed questions. It provides more extensive evidence-based data than any other drug reference. This latest update is based on the 2012 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
AHFS DI (American Hospital Formulary Service) is also free from the influence of manufacturers, insurers, regulators, and other special interests, giving you an unbiased source of drug information. In a single volume, you get:
- The latest commentary on a wide array of FDA-approved uses and comprehensive coverage of unlabeled uses.
- Exhaustive analysis of drug interactions, cautions, and toxicity.
- Detailed information on dosage and methods of administration.
- Thorough examination of well-established laboratory and test inferences.
- Rigorous investigation of chemistry and stability.
- Scientific coverage of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics.
- Complete lists of commonly available prescription, OTC, ophthalmic, and dermatologic drugs, in addition to vitamins and parenteral nutrition products.
- Over 1,200 drug monographs covering tens-of-thousands of drug products.
- Over 70,000 uniquely cited references.
In addition to its versatility, the AHFS database is the most current of the leading drug references. Written and published by pharmacists and reviewed by over 500 experts, AHFS DI is a unique and invaluable reference for all healthcare professionals.