Description*** Input duden10 and find the new edition easily! ***
Correct comprehension and usage of foreign words.
Duden – German dictionary of foreign words, updated in August 2006 according to the new Official Spelling Rules, offers a thorough survey of the up-to-date and traditional foreign vocabulary presented in the modern German. Thus among the dictionary entries one can find special notes on history, functionality and usage of foreign words in the German language. Duden dictionary of foreign words is an irreplaceable reference book for everyone, who wants to use and understand foreign words correctly. The PDA-version of this dictionary facilitates pronunciation mastering and turns it into game due to the audio samples of the most difficult foreign words included the pack (Audio samples are provided by ARD databank).
• More than 55,000 foreign words and technical terms of the German present-day language;
• Over 400,000 notes on meaning, grammar, spelling, word division, and etymology;
• New foreign words from the latest language research (e.g. Blog, Internetauktion, MP3-Player, Open-Source-Software, Public Viewing, Sudoku, USB-Stick etc.);
• Over 8,000 audio pronunciation samples for difficult words.
New! Easy copy-and-paste functions allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and get definition of the foreign word with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen, using a Quick Search Box.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
• German audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
tags: duden, german, foreign words, paragon, dictionary, reference, translate, language