DescriptionFor work, vocational training or studies - you can always rely on Langenscheidt's extensive Standard Dictionaries. With its intuitive user interface, this app will help you find the right translation instantly.
Langenscheidt Standard-Fachwörterbuch Elektrotechnik und Elektronik Englisch
• Approximately 87,600 headwords, expressions and translations
• Can be used offline: on flights, while abroad (without roaming charges)
• Up-to-date specialist vocabulary from fields including vehicle electronics, information technology, laser technology, measurement technology, lighting technology, microelectronics etc.
• A comprehensive reference work for the workplace, vocational training and studies
• Translations from and into German (German-English and English-German)
• Author: Prof. Dr. sc. techn. Dr. h. c. Peter-Klaus Budig
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways.
∙ General search
∙ NEW! Full text search
∙ NEW! Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
∙ Similar words search in case of misspelling
∙ Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
∙ NEW! Search for anagrams (e.g. bat-tab)
Translate and input features
• NEW! Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to the Langenscheidt-App.
• NEW! Translate unknown words or phrases from any application like the web browser or email using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to a dictionary directly and get translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• Word of the day widget.
• NEW! Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• NEW! Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• NEW! Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
About Langenscheidt Publishing Group
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group is best known for its area of core competence: dictionaries and language learning material in various formats and on diverse media. Langenscheidt sets the highest editorial and production standards for all the products it publishes. The corporate logo, a blue “L” on a yellow background, is instantly recognized by many people all over the world.
tags: translate, dictionary, reference, grammar, language, lingva, translation, study, Englisch, Deutsch, Android