DescriptionThe Merriam-Webster Dictionary is the best-selling language reference covering the core vocabulary of everyday life (more than 75,000 definitions).
Search and translate features:
• NEW! Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• NEW! Translate unknown words or phrases from any application, includingweb browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• List of similar words will result in case of misspelled look-ups.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• NEW! Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making Merriam-Webster a must-have for any language scholar (for English, French and Spanish)!
• NEW! Search for anagrams (e. g. bat-tab).
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Word of the Day—a random dictionary definition daily.
• NEW! Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• NEW! Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• NEW! Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• NEW! Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.
tags: merriam, webster, translate, translation,vocabulary, paragon, software, reference, english language