DescriptionSpeaks the Songs and Toasts the Tracks.
Tune Announcer speaks the track name and artist when playing music using the built in media players, or others that support scrobbling.
It's useful if you have a large music collection and cannot see the screen to check the names, e.g whilst exercising.
It uses the native Text-to-Speech capabilities of the device to speak. If you don't like the way it speaks, or pronounces words, then download an alternative TTS provider for your device. Try the SVOX ones, they may be better!
Tune Announcer also toasts the song details whilst speaking. Shows the album cover, track name, artist and album name. The free version only lightly toasts, about 1/3 of the time. For well done toasts, go Pro.
The details of the tune pop up are large enough to be read comfortably and safely whilst driving.
Toasts can be enabled and disabled independently of the Announcements.
Pro version is available with additional functionality:
- no adverts
- toggle widget for speech
- notification icon
- configure the application to ignore certain characters and symbols when speaking.
- well done toast
- speak album name
- free format speech mode allows you to choose what parts to say and where to place them.
- option to ignore all text in brackets when speaking.
- tasker support to enable or disable toasting and announcements
- force all speech to be in English (British)
- limited support for Google Music
- speak at the end of the track, rather than the beginning
See the website for more details.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, CONTACT THE DEVELOPERS. IT CAN'T BE FIXED IF YOU DON'T REPORT THE PROBLEM. Leaving a comment below saying it 'doesn't work' is useless and helps no-one.