Description*** IMPORTANT!!! ***
Since My Tracks version 1.1.10, there is a new setting called "Allow access" that the user must check on to allow third-party applications access to MyTracks data. So, please check on the setting to use MicroTracks. (In My Tracks Menu > More > Settings > Sharing > Check on "Allow access")
MicroTracks is an application for Sony Ericsson LiveView devices. MicroTracks works with Google My Tracks application. With MicroTracks, you can see your statistics data provided by My Tracks on your LiveView devices.
MicroTracks includes LiveView device simulator in it. You can try MicroTracks on your Android device without LiveView device.
*** IMPORTANT!!! ***
- My Tracks application version 1.1.0 or higher is required
- My Tracks is required to be installed before installing MicroTracks plugin.
- If My Tracks is not installed before installing MicroTracks plugin, MicroTracks plugin will fail to bind to MyTracks.
- You need to check on "Allow access" to allow MicroTracks access to MyTracks data. (In My Tracks Menu > More > Sharing > Check on "Allow access")
MicroTracks can show the LIVE track/location data while My Tracks is recording your track.
You can customize three data fields on three pages in MicroTracks preferences from following list:
- Average Pace
- Average Speed
- Total Distance
- Total Time
In addition, MicroTracks can show following sensor data if you have external sensors (ANT+ Sensors, Zephyr Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor...):
- Heart Rate
- Sensor State
How to use touch panel area and select button:
- LEFT: Touch to change page (-)
- RIGHT: Touch to change page (+)
- TOP: Touch and hold to switch to edit mode
- BOTTOM: Touch and hold to lock the screen
- SELECT: (do nothing)
- LEFT: Touch to change data field type (-)
- RIGHT: Touch to change data field type (+)
- TOP: Touch to change editing data field (-)
- BOTTOM: Touch to change editing data field (+)
- SELECT: Push to exit and switch to view mode
Future development plans under consideration:
- adding more data types (heart rate graph, …)
- adding map page
- adding setting to change the number of data fields in each pages
- adding auto scroll feature
- and more!
Tested device list:
- Nexus S
- Nexus One
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
- Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
- Zephyr HxM Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
- Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
- The Bluetooth connection between Nexus S and LiveView is unstable. Once connection is closed, re-pairing is required every time.
- MyTracks 1.1.2 crashes when Zephyr HxM Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor connected to Xperia X10.
Please contact me if you have any problems.
Go for a run with MicroTracks!