DescriptionHands-free tuning for guitar and other acoustic instruments. Designed for novices and pros, fully featured, 100% free.
PitchLab PRO now available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musician.tuner
Unique features help you work out the chords to new tunes, visualize the pitch and consistency of the human voice, violin or other instrument, or answer the questions "what notes am I humming", "what are those chords", "am I hitting all the notes in tune", "is my vibrato consistent" etc. Select from a list of common instrument tunings or quickly create and manage your own using the built-in tuning editor.
Eight separate visualization modes:
1) Instrument: Combination radial strobe and string/note indicators for easy instrument tuning. Includes a database of common tunings for Guitar, Violin/Fiddle, Mandolin, Ukulele, Banjo, Bouzouki and Pedal Steel, plus a built-in editor for up to 100 user-defined instrument tunings.
2) Dial & Strobe: Combination dial tuner and innovative linear strobe for rapid and extremely accurate hands-free instrument tuning (this linear strobe is a genuine implementation of the strobe-tuner concept, not a decorative imitation).
3) Chromatic Dials: 12-way simultaneous display, with a separate dial tuner for each of the 12 notes in the chromatic scale, to visualize multiple voiced notes or chords.
4) Chromatic Tiles: 12-way simultaneous display of the notes in the chromatic scale, optimized for the visualization of rapid note/pitch changes (e.g. vibrato, arpeggio, portamento, glissando etc).
5) Spectrogram: Scrolling display of live sound analysis, showing the polyphonic perceived pitch of a wide range of sound types (including human voices and singing).
6) Chords: Grid-based estimation display of common chord types (maj/min, maj7/min7, dom7/dim7), ideal for quickly determining the 'strum along' chords for a tune where the chords are reasonably clear.
7) Partials: A multi-way strobe and waveform display, showing individual note partials along with full note timbre for detailed analysis of sound characteristics.
8) BigStrobe: A large, single strobe display, optimized for small screen devices.
These visualization modes are easily accessed by swiping the screen left/right or by pressing & holding the tuner display to get a pop-up view selection menu. User-selectable options are accessed via the MENU button or the pop-up view selection menu and include support for custom temperaments.
Please rate or review, check for updates regularly and email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues for quick resolution.
Example instrument tunings:
Guitar, Drop D
Guitar, Open D
Guitar, Open G
Guitar, Open A
Bass Guitar, (4 String), Standard
Bass Guitar, (5 String), Low B
Bass Guitar, (5 String), Low E
Bass Guitar, (6 String), Standard
Violin: Standard, Tenor
Fiddle: Standard, Cajun, Open G, Sawmill, Gee-dad, Open D, High bass, Cross tuning, Calico
Mandolin: Standard, Octave
Ukulele: Standard, D6/Soprano, Tenor, Baritone, Bass
Banjo (5 string): Standard/Open G, C tuning, Double C, Sawmill, Open D, Guitar, Willie Moore, Dock Boggs (Low C), Dock Boggs (Low D), Cumberland Gap, G Minor, Open C
Banjo: Plectrum, Tenor Standard, Tenor Irish, Long neck
Bouzouki: 8 string, 6 string
Pedal Steel: Standard/E9th, C6th, A7th, C Diatonic