DescriptionGYF is a launcher that is available anytime, regardless of which application you are currently using.
Simply fling your finger from a screen border, or use an alternate gesture, and a list of your installed applications as well as running applications will be displayed. Quickly select one to launch it.
Please do not rate if the application does not work the way you expect it to. Instead, make sure to add your feedback on the dev thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072870
Curious about permissions? They are listed with explanations at the bottom of this message.
• works anywhere
• various launch gestures: fling, long press, short press…
• non-stop gesture: switch to your favorite app without lifting your finger, in one smooth motion
• can be launched from another app using activity shortcut
• can be launched using the home key (double tap)
• open on favorite view
LEFT OR RIGHT HANDED? REFINE YOUR GESTURES
• press/fling to the left or right hand of your screen
• make gesture area wider or shorter
• show the gesture area in regular or ghost mode or make it invisible
• restrict gesture to home screen and complement your regular launcher
• configurable feedback: vibrate, display an information ribbon, etc.
LOOK AND THEMES
• GYF themes: skin GYF to use the Holo look, replicate the Ubuntu launcher, etc.
• Icon themes: compatible with ADW/Go/Nova themes, including icon masks.
• or manually configure drawer opacity, display or hide quick jump letter ribbon…
• display or hide sticky headers, change icon size, hide app names, etc.
• start at boot time (donate)
• display/configure notification
• root features under development for you, owners of rooted devices!
TRUSTED BY CUSTOMIZATION WIZARDS
• GYF is cooked in Vision ROM, Mixie MIUI ROM, XperiaPremium RO….
AS SEEN ON…
"You can use ADW themes on GYF Side Launcher, by the way, which makes a cool combination if you’re a fan of the said launcher." ☆
★ addictive tips
"GYF Side Launcher aims to change that by presenting Android fans with what is arguably the simplest solution for quickly switching to any system or third-party app. […] One of the best parts about the app is that it’s main UI is void of any frill and laces, menu buttons or multiple options" ☆
★ mobile crackers
"it is a solid app for a solid need" ☆
★ the unlockr
"Great! Your multitasking has now become much easier, all thanks to the side launcher." ☆
★ tekno bites
"it does make the process [of opening apps from the homescreen and app drawer while using another app] short and easy." ☆
★ except nothing
"when it comes to user friendliness, no one can beat GYF." ☆
★ android pipe
" it has proven to function very well for most" ☆
"A refreshing factor in the GYF that I have come to love is its clean and straightforward UI […] the complete interface is as easy as it gets" ☆
"Uh oh, no bad reviews? Looks like there are some good apps out there!" ☆
Mentioned in "Recommended Apps every device should have installed"
USERS DON'T HATE IT!
"A great addition to android. Feels like a natural part of the ui."
"really well put together. Enough options to satisfy even the most discerning geek!"
"The frequent updates have improved the app ten folds."
etc. ( GYF loves you too guys! )
A NOTE ON PERMISSIONS
For your peace of mind:
to display the GYF drawers over other applications
to launch GYF at boot time if so configured
for haptic feedback
to display the list of running tasks
to ask Android to terminate a process when you select this action
to allow the creating of direct dial shortcuts in the User drawer
(the square droid gfx was invented and designed by Lesscro: www.rd-graphisme.com)