DescriptionIn the shadow of the Eiffel Tower and near the Musée d’Orsay, Palais Bourbon, and Les Invalides you’ll find a host of world-class food artisans and gourmet shops, if you know where to look.
The 7 La Semaine du Goût app is your gourmet city guide as you taste your way through four self-guided gourmet walks in Paris’s stunning 7th arrondissement, where more than 50 bakeries, wine merchants, restaurateurs, cafés, gourmet delis, cheese sellers, butchers, chocolate shops, caterers, ice cream shops and other gourmet institutions have united to bring you a delectable variety of foodie events, including tastings, cooking workshops, restaurant tours, gourmet exhibitions, and reduced-price menus.
You can explore the tastes of Paris from:
1. Les Invalides to the Eiffel Tower
2. The food market on Avenue de Saxe to the Jardin Catherine-Labouré
3. Rue de Sèvres to Quai Voltaire on the Seine’s Left Bank
4. The Palais Bourbon to Les Invalides.
These gourmet walks have been organized to celebrate La Semaine du Goût, a national tasting week held from October 17-23, 2011 but you can download the app for free and enjoy them any time of the year to discover some of Paris’s marvelous food products, the artisans who created them, and the beautiful shops that showcase them.
• GOURMET PARIS TRAVEL GUIDE with 4 intuitive and easy-to-follow numbered walk itineraries with over 250 images of 50+ participating shops and sights
• REAL-TIME GEOLOCATION of your position on Googlemaps for each walk itinerary (requires WiFi or 3G connection)
• 100% SELF-CONTAINED on your Android for use offline.
• AUTHENTIC CONTENT straight from artisans, shopkeepers, and restaurateurs who share their history, anecdotes, and tasting event with you. Access, opening hours and contact information for each shop.
• SHARE THE GOURMET WALKS WITH FRIENDS via email, Facebook, and Twitter (requires WiFi or 3G)
• DOWNLOAD 7 LA SEMAINE DU GOUT directly from the Android Market or from www.walkgeneration.com