DescriptionpiPOIAlert is a POI (Point of Interest) warning system (eg: speed cameras, constructions sites, gas stations, malls, restaurants, ...)
Basically it warns the user (visual + audio) of an approaching POI.
piPOIAlert's main components and features are:
- Works Offline
- Downloads and imports POI-files directly from the internet ... MapaRadar preconfigured!
- Maps, Compass, Mini, List view or Background mode
- Battery saving mode (alerts while screen is off)
- Customizable Alert area (to effectively prevent false alarms)
The settings pane allows the user to adapt the notification/alert area details, to activate/deactivate features and to customize some style variables.
Local POI database --> no cell phone internet connection needed.
The provided download doesn't contain any POI database/file.
The following POI-File formats are directly supported:
- zip-file (containing several Garmin csv and/or TomTom ov2 and/or kml files and/or gpx files)
- TomTom ov2 file
- Garmin csv file
- kml-file (Google Earth)
- gpx file (Geocaching)
- piPOIAlert csv-file
To create a piPOIAlert csv-file just visit my converter page: http://pipoialert.pipip.de (free of charge).
PLEASE CONTACT ME OR READ THE MANUAL BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW