DescriptionThis app will no longer be support or updated.
Stream-O-Bot can control a Lego Mindstorm NXT robot using an Android phone as a controller, while receiving audio and video from a second android phone allowing the user to see and hear what the robot sees! One android is mounted on the NXT Robot to work as a camera, and the other device is used as a remote control in the user's hands.
Don't have two androids or maybe just don't own an NXT? No problem! Our program allows for the user to disable certain features such as the camera and audio allowing for only control of the NXT, no longer needing the second Android phone. The user can also disable the NXT creating a video spy, having audio and video streamed to your second Android.
So sit back in a comfy chair, grab your phone and drive your robot all over the neighborhood from the comfort of your living room. Have fun!
WARNING: Don't let your robot get out of your sight!
You will need:
1. Two Android phones for all the streaming features (only one if you are only looking to control the robot)
2. Internet for streaming audio and video
3. Bluetooth for controlling the NXT robot
4. Lego Mindstorm NXT kit (built with an arm to hold a phone)
Derek Harrington, Chris Gusman, and Ravi Agarwal
This app provides:
1. Ability to connect to the camera phone using EITHER a host name or an IP address to establish the connection.
2. The option to use a slower color video feed or a more responsive gray scale video feed.
3. The option to enable or disable any combination of the following preferences:
a. Video feed
b. Audio feed
c. NXT Control