DescriptionDSLR Controller is the first and only app that allows you to fully control your Canon EOS DSLR from your Android device with only a USB cable. No computer or laptop required, no root required, only a compatible mobile device, a compatible camera, and the right USB cable.
NEW: You can now also connect to select cameras (like the 6D) and WFT boxes using Wi-Fi ! ("EOS Utility" or "PC" mode)
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
NOTICE: This is a BETA / PRE-RELEASE version. The product is not finished yet and there will still be issues. Due to massive demand and a great many requests to release, it is being released early. The price will go up once v1.0 is reached, but the upgrade is free for those who have this BETA.
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
----- Features -----
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
----- Requirements -----
- Android device with ARMv7-A or newer CPU architecture (most 1ghz+ devices)
- Not rooted: Android 3.1 or higher with USB host kernel+API support
- Rooted: Android 2.3.1 or higher with USB host kernel support
- Supported Canon EOS DSLR
- Correct USB adapter, if applicable
Most Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean devices should be compatible.
HTC devices usually do *not* work !
Refer to the "devices" page of our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for a more extensive list !
- Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and Note, Note 2 (Android 2.x: root required, Android 4.x: root not required), USB Host cable
- Motorola Xoom (3.2 without root, 3.0 possibly with root), USB Host cable
- Acer Iconia A500/1, normal cable
- Asus Transformer/Prime, use keyboard dock or special USB Adapter
- Toshiba Thrive, normal cable
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9", 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10.1", Note 10.1", USB Adapter Kit
- Lenovo Thinkpad, normal cable
- B&N Nook Color (CM 7, Nook Color Tweaks, memory limit mod), USB host cable
- Amazon Kindle Fire (CM9, USB host kernel), USB host cable
- Canon EOS:
GREAT: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 1100D
OK: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
NEVER: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!