DescriptionScrap-Gold Buyer Calculator
**** Update 01-28-12 ***
* Preferences Menu added: You can set the price to use when no internet connections are detected, and set a discount per OZ to the metal calculations. You can choose to perform the calculations with or without this discount.
* An internet connection bug was fixed.
** Description: **
Made for the people who buy precious scrap metals that need to know the current value of the metal they are purchasing quickly and pain-free. Just enter the amount of metal that you are about to purchase and this application will do all the work for you (get current prices from the Internet, Calculate the cost per gram, and calculate the total value of the purchase.)
Note: This application is intended for those individuals who want to purchase the precious metals at market value (RAW metal) only. This is definitively not for people who want to buy finished retail products (Jewelry).
• If no Internet connection is detected, the calculations will be based on the following dummy prices: Gold - $1,500.00, Platinum- $1,400.00, Silver- $25.00. This was made to prevent crashes.
• Market Quotes per gram or OZ aren’t displayed, only the calculation results.
Work in progress:
• Save the current metal prices for offline (No 3G or Wi-Fi available) use.
• Set a deduction-per-gram amount for the results, for example: If the market current price for 18K gold is $40.00, and we have a $5.00 deduction-per-gram, the calculator will display the result based on a $35.00 per gram ($40.00 - $5.00 = $35.00).
• Display the current metal prices on a separate screen for review.
• Translate to more language.