The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Nation's lead Federal agency for research on health care quality, costs, outcomes and patient safety.
The ePSS application was developed to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients. The ePSS information is based on the current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors. The ePSS is available as a web application and mobile applications.
Web Application: http://epss.ahrq.gov
• Compatible with major browsers: Internet Explorer 6+; Firefox 2+; Safari 3+, Opera 9+
• Latest recommendations information updated by the USPSTF
• User friendly interface
• Print friendly format available
• Compatible version available for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and all other major mobile platforms*
• Full functionality of the ePSS Web application
• Full mobility without the need for wireless or internet connectivity **
• Optional subscription for email notifications of available updates
• Mac OS X user support for ePSS Palm and ePSS Windows Mobile download and installation
• Automated ePSS data updates
* View the supported device list to check for compatibility with your specific device
** Application downloads and data updates require internet connectivity
What's New in Version 2.00.03
• Bookmark any recommendations or topics for later viewing.
• Save Search feature provides quick access to the routinely viewed recommendations.
• Automatic update of ePSS recommendations data on application launch. (wireless or WiFi internet connection required)
• Email recommendations or saved search results.
• ePSS Recommendations Rx: email patient specific customized recommendations.