DescriptionBackgammon Tutor is a fun, active approach to learn and improve backgammon skills whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or a high level player.
We have quizzes, lessons and exercises that cover every phase of the game, prepared in a simple format that will help you truly understand the major concepts to play well. You have the option of using flash cards to test yourself and revisit areas that you haven’t completely learned. The app will tell you if you answered correctly or incorrectly and will provide a full explanation of the answer and the concepts involved.
If you are a beginner you can quickly learn the basic strategies of the game; if you already know how to play, there are Topics in the "intermediate" category that will improve your game. If you are already a skillful player, our "advanced" Topics will give you the latest strategies and tips to help you reach the highest levels of play. Many of these strategies are so new and advanced you won't find them in any book. Our Topics have been created by many of the top players and authors in the world (see list below).
The app and two sample Topics (quizzes ,lessons and exercises) are free. Additional Topics on all areas of the game can be purchased and accessed on your smart phone, tablet or computer as many times as you like.
Our Topics are prepared by the top professionals in the game:
* Bill Robertie - Two-time World Champion of Backgammon along with many other titles. Author of six backgammon books and hundreds of articles.
* Kit Woolsey - Ranked No. 8 in the world. Author of six backgammon books and hundreds of articles.
* Phil Simborg - One of the top-ranked players on the US Tour. Resident Teaching Pro for the US Backgammon Federation. Leading author and lecturer.
* Perry Gartner - President of the U.S. Backgammon Federation. 2 time semi-finalist in the World Championships. Noted lecturer, and teacher of students in many different countries.
* Falafel - World Champion of Backgammon. Currently ranked No. 1 player in the world.
* Jake Jacobs - Currently ranked 36 in the world. Author of many backgammon strategy articles.
* Matt Cohn-Geier - No. 5 player in the world. The youngest backgammon "Giant".
* Mary Hickey - US Open Backgammon Champion in 2010 and 2011. Ranked No. 33 in the world. Author of two backgammon books and hundreds of articles.
* Jeremy Bagai - Author of "Classic Backgammon Revisited". Ranked No. 40 in the world. Winner of multiple US and world tournaments.
* Grant Hoffman - Winner of the New Zealand Backgammon Champs in 2007, Organizer and 2nd in 2010. 2nd place in the Australian Backgammon Champs in 2008.