DescriptionBudapest Audio Travel Guide
Do you know that the Dohány Street Synagogue is the largest synagogue in Europe? Do you know where to have brunch in a boat restaurant next to the Chain Bridge or how to find the famous ruin pubs in the inner districts? Whether you are eager to wander the grounds and surrounds of Castle Hill with its churches, towers and statues, and the famous Fisherman’s Bastion with absolutely amazing views of the Danube River, take a bike ride on Margaret Island, or revive yourself one of the city's healing thermal baths our tailor-made tours guide you through the city.
Forget about lengthy text based content and pay attention to the site itself while listening to the narrated information.
Got tired of sightseeing and hungry for a goulash? Switch to the browsing mode to get first hand tips to the best restaurants and bars around.
POCKET GUIDE AUDIO GUIDES
Pocket Guide allows you to select from a collection of compact and informative audio walking tours presenting the best locations and insider tips to the most hip and cultural cities in Europe. Choose among 12 thematic tours (1 by bike) to get the best at fist glance, or wander freely to get informed every time an interesting site is nearby. This easy to use application guides you with voice, its automatic and best of all it fits to your pocket!
*NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED - Designed for offline use so yo don't need to pay for
the high roaming prices.
*EASY TO USE – Instead of scanning through tour books and tapping your cell phone put it in your
pocket and listen to the voice navigation and audio information that charges automatically when
your approach a sight.
*GUIDED EXPERIENCE - If you don't know where to start select one from 10 pre-defined audio walking tours in varying thematics and lengths and browse among 500 geo-coded points of interests. You just put your phone in you pocket and follow the voice instructions.
*YOU WON'T GET LOST – You can navigate easily with the offline map that always shows where you are and in which direction you are looking (only with built-in compass).
*UP - TO - DATE - Our constantly edited content written by culture-savvy travel writers and tour guides guarantee that you stay tuned for the city's actual cultural offerings and search for restaurants and bars close to your location.
Enjoyed the tours? Keen on traveling? Download Pocket Guide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
The light version is restricted to only 1 tour and a full offline map of Budapest.
Tours of Budapest:
* The City and the Danube (1 hour, 2 km) A warm-up walk, a taster of the longer City Centre tours.
* The Medieval and Baroque Town (2 hour, 2.5 A must if you are interested in Central European history.
* Churches and Synagogues (2,5 hour, 3.5 km) A longer walk around the secrets of a Middle European city centre's past.
* In the Shadow of City Palaces (2,5 hour, 3.5 km) A modern political and business centre housed in early 20th century palaces.
* A Rock in the Middle of the City (2,5 hour, 3 km) Unforgettable panoramas of a metropolis with a little exertion.
* Town Between Castle Hill and the Danube (3 hour, 5,5 km) The capital and the river: the Danube bridges and the riverside.
* The Hungarian Champs Élysées (2 hour, 5,5 km) An easy walk for enthusiasts of conscious city planning.
* Island of Lovers and Sport fans (2 hour, 2,5 km) A green island with a great past in the middle of town. You may also cycle the route.
* Mental and Physical Relaxation in the Park (2 hour, 5km) A 100-year-old park to enjoy for modern man.
* Follow the Kings (2 hour, 2.5 km) Glimpses of the city's three facades: the Castle, the riverside and the Centre.
London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin, Vienna, Budapest, Dublin, Krakow, Brussels, Athens, Potsdam, Waterloo, Bratislava, Cork, Debrecen