DescriptionYou can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Kyoto by local Japanese people to experience local culture.
We recommend this app to travelers who want to:
- Learn about Kyoto local culture
- Meet and become friends with locals
- Create your own tour and travel at your own pace
- Get off the beaten path guidebooks pave
Rather than relying on a guidebook or city guide, this app lets you directly contact locals and sign up for low-price trips. It makes researching and ranking things to do in Japan much easier by putting you in the hands of local guides who can take you to non-touristy spots. Whether you are a solo student or backpackers using Hipmunk and, staying in a motel or hostel, or a group of families or friends using Triposo on vacation, tours are easy, cheap, and personalized based on your budget and schedule. A local will act as your personal guide, similar to the WhatsApp and AroundMe apps, taking you to unique, nearby locations.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where locals act as a city guide and recommend a variety of area-specific trips for visitors. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor,Wikitravel, and Viator only suggest popular destinations, this app allows you to personally contact a guide who will show you both unknown and famous locations found on TIME magazine’s Top 10 things to do in Kyoto, as well as a non-news tourist agency guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, TripIt, and mTrip. Traveling has never been easier. Often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” this app takes the pressure away from navigating a city guide, blog, map, or tourist brochure. Once your trip is finished, you can leave a comment or recommendation in the user review section to help future travelers.
Sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, and Booking.com, exist so you can find inexpensive flights. CouchSurfing and hostels.com were created to give you convenient housing options while travelling. You could plan a budget trip using XE Currency, Wikitude, SayHi Translate, and UrbanSpoon to get a taste of local culture, but navigating a new city is difficult. Even if you are able to use Avis, Enterprise, Rent-a-car, or Hertz to get a car rental abroad, it is much easier to have a local show you around using public transportation. If you want a hassle-free, unforgettable day trip, you should download this free app. Forget the city guide, let locals give you a taste of the wonders of Japan, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide.
Special Features of Meetrip:
- Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Kyoto
- Ask any travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
- Book directly from the app - before you travel or even while you're traveling
- Fast, simple, and secure booking
- Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Kyoto. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
- Walk along vermilion tori gates in Fushimi Inari Shrine 伏見稲荷大社.
- See the Golden Pavilion 金閣寺, the residence of Ashikaga Yoshimitsu 足利義満, built in 1397.
- Go to Kiyomizu Temple 清水寺, which was built to honor Kannon 観音, the goddess of mercy. Its hillside location offers magnificent views of the city and valley below.
- Visit Sanjusangendo Hall 三十三間堂, full of religious art. It was once part of a large Buddhist complex known as the Rengeoin "Lotus King Temple".
- St and admire the beautiful garden, Sanzen-in Temple 三千院. It is the main attraction of the rural town of Ohara 大原.
- Visit the Oi River, Arashiyama 嵐山. Its bridge, Togetsu-kyo 渡月橋, is a beautiful, beloved wooden structure.
- Visit the Zen temple built in 1482 by the shogun Ashikaga 足利義満, Silver pavilion 銀閣寺.
- Look for a Geisha 芸者 in Gion 祇園.
- Experience the home of Tokugawa Ieyasu 徳川家康 in Nijo Castle 二条城.
- Feel beautiful air in Japan's most famous rock garden, Ryoanji Temple 龍安寺.