DescriptionA TeX EXperience
WARNING: THIS APP IS STILL IN EXPERIMENTAL STAGE! PLEASE CONSULT THE MANUAL OR SEEK HELP ON THE APP GOOGLE+ OR FACEBOOK PAGE AS NECESSARY.
The user manuals (in LaTeX beamer slides) are available at https://github.com/anhoavu/TeXPortal/blob/master/doc
Feel free to download and compile for yourself if necessary. There are usage tips, developer information and facts.
TeXPortal makes it possible to use TeX right on your Android device locally.
* Support plain TeX and LaTeX (with both DVI and PDF output) document compilation using the standard (La)TeX tool set (tex, pdftex, bibtex, makeindex, metafont, ...)
* Allow installation of 2000+ useful macro packages available on Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN)
* Error resolution (suggestion of missing packages, automatic generation of missing fonts, etc.)
* NO rooting required
* Working offline (but requires Internet access for downloading package listing and package installation)
* Design with optimization goals for mobile devices
* TeXPortal requires roughly 32MB of heap to work properly. It might crash when running out of memory (for example, on old devices with 16MB heap limit)
* TeXPortal might crash due to Android media scanning
* TeXPortal might crash if it is abruptly exited while fetching log