DescriptionWebnurse brings you the first Urinary Catheter Care App designed to assist nurses at the Point of Care.
This best practice information is intended to support nurses, carers and medical students.
The App is an immediate source of information for people who have an indwelling urinary catheter, and ofcourse for those people who help to look after them.
The information is supported by the latest peer-reviewed publications, guidelines for catheter care and clinical expertise
The Urinary Catheter Care application can be used at the bedside, and includes information on
Care and discharge lists
Best Practice Guide
Immediate answers to questions such as
• What to do if the catheter is not draining
• What to do if there is blood in the catheter
• How to obtain a catheter specimen of urine correctly
• What to do if the catheter leaks urine down the outside
• What the relevent sizes and balloon sizes mean
• What to do if there is blood or exudate around the suprapubic stoma
The app also contains information on biofilms and how to minimise the risk of catheter associated urinary tract infections.