DescriptionThis server runs as a proxy for the envisalink card and will allow you to, among other things, self monitor your alarm system and allows your phone to work as part of your home monitoring and home automation system.
It needs to run on a dedicated, always on, always connected android phone or tablet running within your network. Using it, multiple instances of my DscKeypad App (and widgets) or other similar applications may connect simultaneously using the "fan-out" capability provided. The server requirements are very modest, I use an LG P500 to run my entire home automation system.
o multiple simultaneous connected clients (fan-out) to the Envisalink
o secure/encrypted remote client connections
o logging - full log, and a motion zone filtered log for readability
o direct connection providing immediate security system status
o a centralized location for customizing your system such as zone and partition labels.
o reduced network load and better keypad app performance (unused zones and partitions are filtered)
o self monitoring with immediate email or SMS notifications:
- alarms and trouble
- configurable zone opening/restore
- loss of connection with the envisalink card
- phone/tablet power loss (will continue on battery)
- phone/tablet low battery warning
- phone/tablet connectivity loss
- midnight status check-in (to confirm connectivity daily)
- use security events to trigger actions such as posting a web site (e.g. to turn video recording or motion detecting on/off, changing the temperature in a wifi thermostat), send an android intent to other android apps, etc.
- and much more...
o customizable content for eMail, SMS, UDP messages
o enables home automation - send the DSC application commands using android intents
- mpp.android.server.DscService.SendCommand, intent extra data: command=
SMS messages can notifies you of alarms or trouble even if the internet connection to your alarm system is cut or if your personal phone is not currently attached to the internet.
This app works (only) with an Envisalink 2DS/3DS card connected to a DSC Power System Panel and LAN wired into your switch or router. Use of the EYEZ-ON service is also highly recommended but is not required.
Remember, DO NOT expose your Envisalink IP connection to an unprotected network; communication provided by the card is not secure. Expose (port forward) the secure port (only) to outside your secure network (after registering the clients you will allow).