DescriptionThis server will allow you to, amoung other things, self monitor your alarm system.
It needs to run on a dedicated, always on, always connected android phone or tablet. Using it, multiple instances of my DscKeypad App (and widgets) may connect simultaneously using the "fan-out" capability provided.
o adds multiple connected clients (fan-out) to the Envisalink
o secure/encrypted remote client connections
o direct connection providing immediate security system status
o a central location for customizing your system such as zone and partition labels.
o reduced network load and better keypad app performance (unused zones and partitions are filtered)
o optional self monitoring with immediate notifications:
- alarms and trouble
- configurable zone opening/restore
- loss of connection with the envisalink card
- phone/tablet power loss
- phone/tablet connectivity loss
- midnight status check-in (to confirm connectivity)
- via SMS messages or email (including email to SMS)
- SMS messages notifies you of alarms or trouble even if your internet connection is cut
- use security events to trigger actions such as posting a web site (e.g. to turn video recording or motion detecting on/off, changing the temperature in a wifi thermostat, send an android intent, etc.
- and many more...
This app works (only) with an Envisalink 2DS/3DS card connected to a DSC Power System Panel and LAN wired into your switch or router. Use of the EYEZ-ON service is also highly recommended but is not required.
Remember, DO NOT expose your Envisalink IP connection to an unprotected network; communication provided by the card is not secure. Expose (port forward) the secure port (only) to outside your secure network (after registering the clients you will allow).