DescriptionWith the summer approaching, this is the best program to check for tidal information and other relative data in Brazil.
››› IN THE MEDIA:
• Náutica magazine, issue 271, march 2011 edition: “SOBE E DESCE DAS ÁGUAS. Você pode visualizá-las mais tarde sem se conectar à Internet. Dá para planejar o dia ideal para cruzeiros.”
››› ATTENTION BEFORE COMMENTING:
• If you have any problem, critic or question, I suggest you send an e-mail first, since the comments space is too restricted.
• A few functions are NOT available in the free version. Details below.
• Old Pro users: your license is extended to use everything until the DEC/2014 predictions at no additional costs. Details below.
Available for free:
• Outstanding tablet support.
• High resolution graphics for devices up to 480 dpi.
• Modern interface according to the best Android standards.
• Support for the Pebble smartwach.
• Support for the Dashclock widget.
• Automatic cache that saves data for offline use.
• Current tidal conditions.
• Easy prediction of past and future tides.
• Moon phases integrated with each prediction.
• Illuminated fraction of the Moon disk in each table prediction.
• Automatic and configurable time zones.
• Daylight saving time alerts when applicable to each zone.
• Seamless transition between months.
• Automatic locator identifies nearby geographical stations.
• Compatibility with newer and older devices alike.
• Code optimized for modern multicore CPUs.
• Compact report of current tidal conditions shareable through Android Beam (NFC wireless technology): share tides without an Internet connection and even with those without this program installed!
And available in the subscription (paid):
• Exclusive panel with hourly predictions.
• Removal of advertisements (“ADs”).
• Seach tides by Moon phases
• Shareable reports.
• Shareable compact report of current tidal conditions: ideal for Twitter and SMS.
Compare with others in the Play Store: no other equivalent program is that polished, easy to use, intuitive, complete, modern and according to the standards set by Google for Android programs.
››› ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Users of the old Pro version must keep the old Pro version installed together with this version in order to gain access to all optionals without additional cost, until DEC/2014. Keep both installed!. It is all automatic, no configuration needed.
2. To install the Pebble smartwatch program, use the option in the “Settings” menu. The language installed will always be the current language used by your device. Requires Android 4.0 and above, and Pebble 2.0 and above.
3. The length units (meters and feet) are automatically loaded according to the defined language settings in your device.
4. The time zone indication only applies if the time zone setting is defined to “Your device”, inside the program, and your own device is configured to a time zone in which daylight savings time is in effect. If this feature does not work properly, please make sure your device settings for date and time are properly configured! Almost always these mistakes happen when the device is misconfigured.
5. This description applies only to devices running Android 2.2 and above. Older devices will only have access to the old, simplified, Light version.