DescriptionThis add-on module enables the root file management features of FX File Explorer.
The root module was previously a paid app and is now a free app. If you purchased it and would like to be refunded, please email email@example.com and provide your name and Google Order number. DO NOT send any credit/debit/bank card information. The Plus module will remain a paid app.
THIS IS ONLY A LICENSE KEY, NOT AN APPLICATION. You must have FX File Explorer installed for it to work. This add-on will not appear in your application launcher. Its functionality is accessed within FX, by tapping the "System (Root)" item on the FX home screen. Please install FX and try it out before purchasing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx
*** CRITICAL INFORMATION: READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING ***
* This module requires that you have root/superuser access on your phone/tablet. This module WILL NOT root your phone/tablet. If you do not have root access, this module is useless.
* Root access is intended for developers and knowledgeable enthusiasts ONLY. Improper use of any root access application can cause your phone/tablet to malfunction or become entirely non-operational. You assume all risk when using this or any root-access application to modify your device.
* Browse, modify, and copy files to and from the otherwise inaccessible /data/app (installed Applications) and /data/data (application data / configuration) directories.
* Search for files and folders by filename, size, date, and type.
* View and change permissions and ownership of files and folders.
* Remount the root (/) and /system partitions as read-write.
* Edit configuration files as root using FX's built-in text editor.
* View any binary or text file using FX's built-in binary/hex and text viewers.
Safety and Security Features:
As FX is designed to be an "everyday" file manager, special care was taken to ensure that adding root-access features to it would not detract from that capability. When the root module is installed, FX will still always use normal Android user access for file operations. The root module is only enabled when you specifically open the "System (Root)" catalog from the home screen of FX.
Security features can be configured to either warn you when you are using root access (the default behavior) or to require a PIN or password in order to use the root features. These features can also be disabled, but they're designed to be very unobtrusive (e.g. warnings are only displayed after a configurable interval of non-root use).
FX will display a warning on the home screen whenever the "/" or "/system" partitions have been remounted read-write, as it's a safety/security risk to not remount them as read-only when you're finished doing work as root.
FX features a recursive checksum calculator to allow manual checking of file integrity between two directories, and the system can even incorporate permissions and ownership data into its calculations to ensure two directories are identically configured. This feature can be accessed by long-pressing on a folder and tapping "Details", and then tapping "Calculate Checksum".