DescriptionGpsTicker2 provides offroad and offline navigation guidance for hikers, cyclists, and others who like to stray off of the beaten path. Route planning can be performed at home with available internet connection, then save routes and pois and use them outdoor without mobile network. GpsTicker2 makes use of the mapsforge offline vector map library. Appropriate maps can be downloaded for free from mapsforge download site. Usage of GpsTicker is limited, after 14 days some functions need paid unlock.
- Import/export routes as Google Earth KML- and GPX-files.
- Route calculation (*)
- Display of GPS data integrated into the map view
- Search for hotels, restaurants and other pois (*)
- Map render themes can be changed
- Search for addresses (*)
- Reverse geocoder (*)
- Charts for elevation and velocity
- Easy download of low detail world map (*)
- Take picture and display it in map view
- Replay route
(*) Internet access required
Besides the menus there are some touch sensitive items in the map and in the GPS data bar. The GPS data bar becomes visible, when GPS is started.
- Tap on a poi item opens the poi menu (Set home position, navigate to home, set destination, navigate to destination, elevation data)
- Tap on a route item opens a menu with functions, which can be applied to the route: Details, Simplification, Color, Save, Remove, Elevation data, Display step by step, Replay route
-Tap on gps locations items, opens a view with altitude and velocity charts
- Tap on the veloctiy item in the GPS data bar, opens a view with a velocity chart
- Tap on the altitude item in the GPS data bar, opens a dialog with s altitude chart and a button to launch GPS altitude calibration, calibration needs Internet access
- Tap on the position item in the GPS data bar launches the reverse geocoder
- The button on the right of the GPS data bar, is a toggle for the backlight dimmer