DescriptionIMPORTANT: if your widgets stop working after an update, please try removing them and re-adding! If there's still a problem, contact us.
A simple widget (not an app!) that displays the current price of litecoin, bitcoin, namecoin, ppcoin, terracoin, feathercoin, or freicoin as reported by either Btc-e, Vircurex, Mtgox, Bitstamp, or Campbx. You can choose to view the price converted to any of 8 major old-world currencies.
Since this is a widget, it won't show up in your app tray, only in the widget tray. Also, Some users have reported needing to reboot in order for the widget to show up.
Any time a number was estimated (as opposed to coming from an exchange directly) it is marked with an asterisk.
Estimates are based on reasonably recent rates (for BTC/USD, should be within 5 minutes, for all old-world currency rates, one hour).
Auto-updates every 30 minutes, or you can touch the widget to update immediately.
Source code is available at https://github.com/ogunden/litecoin-widget. Patches welcome. Donations too:
Questions or comments? Please post to the bitcointalk page:
- get cryptsy data via cryptsy.phauna.org to save bandwidth
- add support for the BTC / CAD price on cavirtex.com
- update to match new cryptsy api
- add a small advertisement to the config page. please let me know if this is too annoying.
- add cryptsy support
- add NVC
- fix bug which caused widget not to work when default coin was accepted
- add support for coinbase BTC
version 21: bug fix release
- add bitstamp and campbx for BTC prices
- add freicoin (Vircurex)
version 19: fix minor regression introduced in version 18
- cleaner exchange/coin selection. you may have to delete and re-add all your widgets as the underlying configuration type has changed.
- add FTC
- add TRC, remove Bitfloor
- use exchange prices, instead of estimates, in more cases.
- complete overhaul of background and foreground color implementation. Now you get a full color picker, and a dynamically generated background that actually works (including custom alpha levels!) on older versions of android.
- fix bug causing some widgets to never update, either when tapped or automatically
- don't display toast messages during background refreshes; only when the users actually taps the widget.
new in version 14:
- fix this bug: "when turning data off and then back on again later, tapping on the widget does not refresh it"
- display default values for transparency level and color in prefs view
- add status toasts "refreshing.." or "no network connection" when you click the widget
new in version 13:
- add much-requested option to control level of transparency
- workaround sporadic network errors due to this bug in Android: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=7786
- make layout more consistent for BTC price widgets
new in version 12:
- bugfix: remove extraneous call to vircurex api when configuring the widget
new in version 11:
- add BTC-E NMC support
- SSL host verification disabled, as it was causing some users to be unable to access data from btc-e
new in version 10:
- add BTC-E PPC support (NVC, TRC still todo)
- errors downloading are now briefly displayed to the screen
new in version 9:
- support for estimated values in 8 different old-world currencies, courtesy of rate-exchange.appspot.com. old-world currency exchange rates are cached for up to an hour.
- ability to choose between three text colors; hopefully this helps those who were having trouble seeing text on a light background
- fix crash in some old versions of android (due to SharedPreferences.Editor.apply)