DescriptionFree little app that plays RMAA, udial and a few more handy samples to ease Android devices audio & sound performance measurements.
In order to complete measurements, connect your phone or tablet headphone/line-out JACK to a computer with a high quality soundcard line-in then record the output manually or with RMAA program directly.
Samples are compressed in lossless FLAC format to reduce APK size.
Using this app instead of playing samples through a vendor or third-party music player also let you be sure no signal processing is done by the player itself, as RAW PCM data is sent to Android sound system.
If the manufacturer adds audio effects, you'll be able to spot them with confidence through measurements.
Without additional (like SRS, Beats audio) processing and if digital volume is maxed out, DAC will be fed by un-altered PCM data.
Measurement accuracy tips:
- Ensure any re-sampling is disabled on your computer by setting sample frequencies to 44100 Hz.
- Record using the maximum resolution (in general, 24bit) of your sound card's ADC.
- Run your device on battery, not plugged on charger or USB.
- Take care of using appropriate and consistent input and output levels.
- A complete article about RMAA and audio measurements challenges and optimizations: http://nwavguy.blogspot.fr/2011/02/rightmark-audio-analyzer-rmaa.html
Source code available here:
- RMAA for the associated samples:
- Unknown (looking for the original author, let me know!) for udial.wav
- FLAC and jFlac teams for the decoder: