DescriptionThe AFV (Android File Verifier) application is a tool for helping to verify & validate that files transferred to your Android device are whole and uncorrupted. Functions include:
* MD5 / SHA1 checksum/digest calculation (also supports SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512 algorithms)
* Validation of signed jar-type files (.jar, .apk, .zip); you can use this to verify a signed .zip file even if you don't know the MD5 checksum
* Nandroid backup directory MD5 verification (i.e., verify backups created by custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod, Amon_RA, TWRP)
Excellent tool for root users (but does not require root).
How To Use:
* From the home screen, press the "Select File" button to enter the file-selector
* Top row (folder icon with the green up arrow) always displays the currently selected directory (touch this row to navigate UP one directory level)
* Back key can also be used to navigate UP one directory level (will return to main screen when back key is pressed at the root directory)
* Navigate to other subdirectories by touching a directory row (folder icon)
* Touch screen and drag up and down to scroll through all files and directories in currently selected directory
* Long-press on a file to view the available functions:
- Calc MD5 Checksum
- Calc SHA1 Checksum
- Verify Jar-type file
- Verify Nandroid Backup (long-press backup folder name or long-press nandroid.md5 file to verify the backup)
- md5sum -c Type Check (operates on any .md5 file)
- Calc SHA224 Checksum
- Calc SHA256 Checksum
- Calc SHA384 Checksum
- Calc SHA512 Checksum
1. Version 1.8 works on Android version 2.3 and higher
2. Does not require root, but is useful for root users to validate ROMs, signed update.zip-type files, etc.
3. Visit https://sites.google.com/site/scaryalienware/afv
4. Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any issues, problems, comments, questions, or suggestions regarding this app.
Thanks and enjoy!
Thanks to all who have donated or purchased the donate version (very much appreciated!)
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.