DescriptionAndroid Root Toolkit
I wrote this little root utility for myself to help consolidate and automate some root functions that are available in various other apps, but nowhere all together.
Note: this utility does not root your Android device--it assumes that your device is already rooted. If you are having problems or issues with it, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as you can provide.
- display current root, /system and root (/) mount status, and root save status
* will also display bootloader lock status for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- reboot options (normal, recovery, bootloader)
- power off device
- remount rootfs (/) and/or /system in read-write or read-only mode
- save (protect) / restore root function for devices whose /system partition is a ext2/3/4 filesystems (great saving root prior to accepting an OTA update); *** Please Note *** This app's save / restore root features will unfortunately NOT allow you to successfully re-gain root after an install of an Android OTA (over-the-air) update of 4.3 or higher :(
- freeze (disable) or thaw (enable) an application (use caution when freezing a system app!)
* select showing user and/or system apps in the Freeze/Thaw Display Options in the Preferences/Settings menu
- display system (getprop) property values
- Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 only options:
* flash a stock recovery
* flash various custom recoveries
* make recovery "stick" (keep stock recovery from overwriting your custom recovery)
* identify currently installed recovery
* bootloader lock, unlock, status (Galaxy Nexus only)
- option to turn confirmation mode on / off (defaults to on)
- option to turn "safe mode" on for the app to prevent any su or flashing operation from occurring
Warning / disclaimer: the author of this app is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by or related to its use.
If you are not comfortable with or knowledgeable about the proper use and functionality of this app, please discontinue its use and uninstall.
INTERNET - for downloading recoveries from the internet
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - this is for the downloaded recoveries and work files used to identify which recovery is currently installed
ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission to support interaction with SuperSU
Keywords: root status, root checker, mount status, flash stock recovery, flash custom recovery, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader, power off device, remount system, make recovery stick, identify recovery, save root, restore root, freeze app, disable app, thaw app, enable app, bootloader lock, bootloader unlock, bootloader status, getprop, system properties
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.