DescriptionANDROID ROOT TOOLKIT
I wrote this little root utility for myself to help consolidate and automate some root functions that are available in various other apps, but nowhere all together.
Note: this utility does not root your Android device--it assumes that your device is already rooted.
If you have problems or issues with the app, please contact me via email@example.com with as much detail as you can provide.
* display current root, /system and root (/) mount status, and root save status; will also display bootloader lock status for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
* reboot options (normal, recovery, bootloader)
* power off device
* remount rootfs (/) and/or /system in read-write or read-only mode; note: remount behavior changed in Android 4.2 and higher that causes remount effect to not be usable by apps other than the one that initiated the remount
* save (protect) / restore root function; for 4.2 devices with ext2/3/4 /system partitons, a copy of su binary can be saved and later restored; for 4.3
devices, I've implemented Pau Oliva's 4.3+ "OTA rootkeeper" functionality (i.e., via keeproot.sh)
* freeze (disable) or thaw (enable) an application (use caution when freezing a system app!); you can select showing user and/or system apps in the Freeze/Thaw Display Options in the Preferences/Settings menu
* display system (getprop) property values
* calculate an MD5 or SHA1 checksum on any file (navigate to selected file, long-press filename, select desired action)
* Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 (1st gen/2012) only options:
-- flash a stock recovery
-- flash various custom recoveries
-- make recovery "stick" (keep stock recovery from overwriting your custom recovery)
-- identify currently installed recovery
-- bootloader lock, unlock, status (Galaxy Nexus only)
* option to turn confirmation mode on / off (defaults to on)
* option to turn "safe mode" on for the app to prevent any su or flashing operation from occurring
Warning / disclaimer: the author of this app is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by or related to its use.
If you are not comfortable with or knowledgeable about the proper use and functionality of this app, please discontinue its use and uninstall.
INTERNET - for downloading recoveries from the internet
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - this is for the downloaded recoveries and work files used to identify which recovery is currently installed
ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission to support interaction with SuperSU
Keywords: root status, root checker, mount status, flash stock recovery, flash custom recovery, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader, power off device, remount system, make recovery stick, identify recovery, save root, restore root, freeze app, disable app, thaw app, enable app, bootloader lock, bootloader unlock, bootloader status, getprop, system properties, calculate MD5 or SHA1 digest / checksum, MD-5, SHA-1
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.