DescriptionExtend the control of your Sonos system to your home-screen! Sonos Widget brings many additional features not included in the official widget. Now with DashClock Widget support!
Choose from four types of widgets:
• 4x1 with or without album-art.
• 4x1 specially designed to be placed on the lock-screen (Android 4.2+, Pro only).
• 4x4 re-sizable widget which gives you complete control of your entire Sonos System (Android 3.0+, Pro only).
• Manage all your zones
• See what's currently playing.
• Playback control
• Volume control
Additional features in Pro-version:
• Supports multiple systems (home,work etc) without any re-scanning.
• Changes appearance of your widgets, choose from multiple themes.
• Group players, modify queue, play favourites and more.
• Controller Widget for Android 3.0+ that gives you a complete overview of your entire Sonos system.
• Lock-screen support for Android 4.2+.
• DashClock Widget support.
------ Basic setup ------
[Adding your ZonePlayers]
• Drag a Sonos Widget to your home-screen, open the menu and select "Add ZonePlayers", follow the instructions.
[Select ZonePlayer for the widget (Normal and Album widget)]
• After adding your ZonePlayers, select a player and proceed by selecting "Set as active". Remember to exit the application using the Back-button.
[Switch from Playback to Volume control (Normal and Album widget)]
• Tap on the Artist/Track label to switch view states.
[Changing active player for widget (Normal and Album widget)]
• From the Volume control view, open the settings and select the new player then select 'Set as active'.
[Changing appearance of widget (Normal and Album widget)]
• From the Volume control view, open the settings and select 'Change apperance'.
----- Issues -----
• Make sure that the phone is connected to the same WiFi-network as the ZonePlayers.
• The network must support UPnP (this might be disabled by default on your router).
• The following ports are using for connecting to a ZonePlayer: 6969, 1900 and 1400.
• Try enabling 'High Performance' from settings if you are experiencing frequent connection drops.
[Widget is not showing]
• Make sure you have selected a ZonePlayer as active for the current widget, this is indicated by a symbol on the ZonePlayer in the list of players.
• When adding a widget make sure that you exit the settings using the Back-button and not via home.
[Sonos Widget is not shown in the Widget list]
• On some devices and custom ROMs it is sometimes necessary to reboot the device before the widget will appear in the list.
[Sonos Widget does not find any ZonePlayers on my network]
• Try disabling any network firewall that might cause issues.
• Make sure that the following ports are not blocked on your network: 6969, 1900 and 1400.
For more help, please consult the in-app help or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
----- Contact -----
Please email email@example.com if you have comments/questions/problems with this application.
Leaving comments and ratings in the market is great, but I have no way of contacting you to respond to your comment.
----- Permissions -----
android.permission.INTERNET - This is required for communicating with the ZonePlayers.
android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE - This is required for connecting to your ZonePlayers.
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - This is required for devices running HTC Sense 4.0.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - This is required for detecting network changes (WiFi turned on/off)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - This is needed to ensure that WiFi remains active during some actions (adding ZonePlayers etc).
Tags: sonos widget android, se.freddroid.sonos, sonos, sonos app android v4.0.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc.