DescriptionThe Amazon Mobile app allows customers to browse and shop by department, search, compare prices, find deals, read reviews and make a purchase right from their mobile device. Customers are able to shop any of Amazon's sites around the world from a single app. It also allows customers to scan a barcode for instant details on pricing and availability. Amazon customers have full access to their existing basket, wish lists, payment and shipping options, order history, 1-Click settings and Prime membership benefits. Purchases made through Amazon Mobile are routed through Amazon's secure servers just as they are on the web.
The Amazon Mobile app for Android gives customers a fast and easy way to:
• Compare prices from Amazon and other merchant partners to those in the store when shopping
• Shop for the full selection of products available from Amazon.co.uk (or any other Amazon store around the world) and complete a secure purchase on-the-go
• Browse product images and read customer reviews anywhere, anytime
• Track the status of a recently-placed order right from a mobile device
• Scan a barcode to instantly access product details, pricing and availability (for devices with autofocus cameras)
Important note regarding permissions. Amazon Mobile requires access to the following services to operate properly:
• Location: Due to the fact that this is now a world wide app, location permissions are required to support a delivery service feature offered by Amazon in France and Japan. Only in those stores is the location data required or used. In those locations you are able to request delivery to a convenience store closest to your current location. That service is not available in other Amazon countries.
• Phone calls: within the app you are able to place a call to Amazon Customer Service. Tap Menu -> More -> Help -> Call Customer Service, and we will place the proper number in the phone app and dial it.
• Take pictures: bar code scanning requires access to the camera function if you choose to start the bar code scanner from the app.
• Account Permissions: This permission is used by the Amazon app suite on the HTC Droid DNA.
• Notifications: you can choose to get alerted when your parcel is shipped and delivered with Shipment push notifications.
** Requires Android OS 2.2 & up and rear facing camera.
*** Amazon Mobile for Tablets is available on Google Play. Search for "Amazon Tablet" to install the app and begin shopping.