DescriptionBefore buying this app: have you tried the free version ?
This app is simular to the free Satellite Director but has
additional features, some may require the use of internet:
- enter street and city to get your GPS coordinates
- find the exact location with the help Google Maps
- see in satellite view above your locaton where to point the dish (parabole)
- create your own satellite sat-lists with only those satellites in it that you want using the build-in satellite list
- reduce and sort the satellite list without restarting the app
- on-line help pages
- 'simple' mode without balancing the phone
- export/import the satellite lists to SD card (backup)
- overrule the build-in satellite list with your own list
Finding a TV satellite, in azimuth, can be pretty difficult. Before you can find it with a compass you have to do some
calculations using GPS location, magnetic variation, compass azimuth and satellite azimuth.
Satellite Director replaces all of that.
Just enable the GPS in your phone or enter your GPS location or use the map to find your location,
select the desired TV satellite and point your phone to the sky to target (find) the TV satellite.
Balance your phone. You have found the satellite when the white ball is in the white circle
and the cyan ball is in the cyan circle. Align the offset arm, in azimuth, of the satellite dish to the cyan arrow on
the phones display and the satellite dish is aligned in azimuth with the satellite.
Selectable audio tone, camera preview, continuous mode (no pause), color pickers or a user defined satellite position may make it easier for you to find the desired TV satellite.
The satellite list contains 280 satellites.
New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.