Flipboard for Android – one of the best social news apps in the Android universe — has finally been updated to version 2.0, which brings a ton of new features. The most important feature is the ability to save your content in its very own public magazine which offers can access via a subscription; this is a feature that's been available to iOS users for a while now, but it's the first time it's being offered to Android users since the app was first released on the platform. If you've ever wanted to curate a collection of compelling media for friends, this is the time to download Flipboard.
Here's the full changelog:
- Collect and save content into your own magazines, tap the “+” button to begin
- Your magazines are public, but can be made private
- Integrated Android share: add content from the Gallery & other apps to your magazines
- Bookmarklet to add items to your magazines from a browser
- Get notifications when people like, comment or subscribe to your magazines
- Share magazines via email or social networks
- Personalized recommendations for more to read
- Search is now front & center, with improved results
You can download the social news app from Google Play here. Let us know what you think of the changes!