Alarm

• Replies:11
Adele McGovern
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 2, 2010, 5:32:41 PM via Website

Why doesn't the alarm go off in the morning when I power off the phone at night?

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Apr 2, 2010, 6:15:33 PM via Website

What app or what phone do you mean?

Adele McGovern

Apr 2, 2010, 6:27:54 PM via Website

Whoops sorry, it's a HTC Legend.... I've only ever used Nokia phones and just got the HTC. I'm setting the alarm in the evening but once I power off the phone the alarm doesn't go off in the morning. Went back to the shop and they couldn't figure it out either. Any help would be much appreciated .... thanks

Adele McGovern

Apr 2, 2010, 8:20:04 PM via Website

Whoops sorry, it's a HTC Legend.... I've only ever used Nokia phones and just got the HTC. I'm setting the alarm in the evening but once I power off the phone the alarm doesn't go off in the morning. Went back to the shop and they couldn't figure it out either. Any help would be much appreciated .... thanks

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Apr 3, 2010, 10:36:31 AM via Website

Hm, weird! I do not have a Legend here. And I have never heard about this problem so far.

What are you doing if you face this issue? Do you take out the battery?

Adele McGovern

Apr 3, 2010, 11:22:30 AM via Website

No I don't take out the battery and it seems the only thing I can do is leave the phone on all night which is a bummer if someone rings while I'm asleep. If you do come across the problem or even better a solution will you let me know.... thanks

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Apr 3, 2010, 3:55:33 PM via Website

I'll forward this issue to someone at HTC...

Ian Neale
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 23, 2010, 12:01:42 AM via Website

Any news back from HTC as I to have had problems with the alarm not working when phone is off.
I have looked for a setting to enable phone to power up but with no success.
Cheers

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Apr 23, 2010, 9:59:14 AM via Website

Yeah, I talked to HTC. This issue cannot be fixed.

Ian, if you turn off your phone completely, you won't be able to power it up. You have to keep your phone on all the time. Here is a good alarm, btw: Gentle Alarm

Adele McGovern

Apr 23, 2010, 10:04:56 AM via Website

I eventually gave the HTC back to the shop in return for a Nokia N97 Mini..... At least I know how to work a Nokia!!!

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff

Apr 23, 2010, 11:36:36 AM via Website

:) Yeah, but there are no apps then. Or at least not a lot! Android is quite a great OS. But there are still some improvements to do.

Ian Neale
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 26, 2010, 1:48:54 PM via Website

Thank you Fabian for the information.
Do you know if it is a hardware or software issue?
This seems to be an oversight on behalf of HTC as lesser spec phones do this.
If it is a software surely this could be included in a new issue of the firmware
I switched from a Sony Ericsson with the internal 8gb memory because it was slow and now also using Ubuntu
it seemed a logical choice to go for an open source Android phone.

great forum by the way loads of info

Ian