Your Best App?

• Replies:268
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered

Feb 12, 2011 5:39:25 AM

justJay
Angry Birds is pretty addictive if your looking for a fun game.

How well does Angry Birds run on your Eris, Jay? I thought my htc hero was about the same hardware specs, but Angry Birds lags so bad on it, it is unplayable.

Feb 14, 2011 11:27:02 AM

Jeremiah McLeod
justJay
Angry Birds is pretty addictive if your looking for a fun game.

How well does Angry Birds run on your Eris, Jay? I thought my htc hero was about the same hardware specs, but Angry Birds lags so bad on it, it is unplayable.

There is an angry birds lite version available, which is supposed to utilize less resources.

Feb 23, 2011 12:49:37 PM

Jeremiah McLeod
Angry Birds Lite doesn't show up in the market for me. Do you know any reason, it would be filtered out for the HTC hero, running 2.1 stock Rom?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds_lite&feature=search_result

See if you can get it to send to your phone using the website.

Feb 25, 2011 1:25:16 PM

Douglas Carter
Jeremiah McLeod
Angry Birds Lite doesn't show up in the market for me. Do you know any reason, it would be filtered out for the HTC hero, running 2.1 stock Rom?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds_lite&feature=search_result

See if you can get it to send to your phone using the website.

I tried installing angry birds lite beta from the Google market website, but it says HTC hero not supported. And it won't let me install it.

— modified on Feb 25, 2011 1:26:23 PM

Feb 25, 2011 1:28:07 PM

lame... I guess it's time for an upgrade :) Let me know if you need suggestions:wink:

On a more serious note, maybe you could try and overclock the processor some? That might help performance in the regular version. Also, have you tried turning off the live background in the regular version of the game? I think that is supposed to help with performance.

Feb 28, 2011 12:28:51 AM

I noticed your original post is coming up on a year old I wonder what you ended up getting?

A couple I like that haven't been mentioned yet are TiKL Talk a easy to use push to talk app and Tune in Radio.

Mar 25, 2011 10:37:08 PM

can someone please make a uno card game app please since im not rooted i cant download from amazon and the one in the market is not in english. didnt no where should post so thought i would here

Mar 28, 2011 8:13:43 AM

Yan M.
If you play an instrument, I found the gStrings app to be amazing. You can tune your guitar with your Android phone!!!!

Kayak - I travel a lot and I love the website. The app is just as good.

Opera Mini 5 beta - Although it's still in its Beta version, I prefer if to the built-in Android browser.

Nimbuzz - For Skyping using your phone. So cool!

FxCamera - Cool LOMO, Fisheye, and Polaroid affects for your phone camera! A ton of fun. I don't think the iPhone has anything like it....

Mar 28, 2011 3:27:26 PM

kayla
can someone please make a uno card game app please since im not rooted i cant download from amazon and the one in the market is not in english. didnt no where should post so thought i would here

There is an UNO app available on the Android Market. Check it our here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.GloftUNOG&feature=search_result

Apr 12, 2011 7:05:53 PM

Navigator, but not the samsung one. The ability to say your destination and the satillite overlay, even all the street names on the side roads.
Used it on my first ever trip to Sydney and it was dark. Pulled it out and before I new it, I'd arrived where I needed to go, and I was on foot this time. Gr8 app.
SB TSV QLD. AUSTRALIA