Hello

• Replies:10
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

May 17, 2010 6:05:50 PM

Hello everyone.
I've had my Htc Desire for about a month.on orange in U.K.
I live in Devon and my interests are hillwalking and photography and now my new android phone.
Jim Walker

May 17, 2010 6:44:22 PM

Hello Jim!

Is this you first Android phone, and if so, would you mind sharing what was it that attracted you to the Desire? I'm also curious as to how you found our website. Myself and some others enjoy hearing the details about how your Android interests came about.

Feel welcome and encouraged to dig around the forums and ask questions of the community. We try to help whenever possible =)

May 17, 2010 9:20:51 PM

yes this is my first android phone,allways had nokia before,but found them restricting.on android you can change almost everything and I really like that.
I went for the desire for the big screen.gps.5megapixel camera.liked the look of the enhanced reality apps like layar and google sky and the way maps orients itself to north as in the rmaps app,which makes using the phone as a map when walking feasable.
I also have a Palm TX,which i thought the desire would replace,but now it looks like i will use both as they seem to compliment each other.

May 18, 2010 4:28:26 PM

Hi Jim,

Welcome to AndroidPIT. I am not familiar with Palm product, so I don't know how old your TX is. Is there something the Palm can do better than your new Desire?

May 26, 2010 10:16:54 PM

Hi Jim, I have also just got the HTC Desire but bought it from Clove Technology for a good price so as to stay on my special price plan with Vodofone, I have not had a "smartphone" before and find this quite a challenge to get used to it but have found there are a lot of very helpful members out there.

I also will be looking for help over the next long while.
Dave

May 26, 2010 10:22:16 PM

Forgot to say that I am using an app called JuiceDefender and to upgrade you have to go through a payment procedure (only £2) with a credit card etc but am not too happy about giving this info over internet/phone, anyone got help or ideas??

Dave

May 27, 2010 1:48:14 PM

David Beatty
Forgot to say that I am using an app called JuiceDefender and to upgrade you have to go through a payment procedure (only £2) with a credit card etc but am not too happy about giving this info over internet/phone, anyone got help or ideas??

Dave
That is becoming common practice as far as I know. My only recommendation (if you don't want to pay over the internet/telephone )would be to stick with the free version. Do they have a PayPal service and are you familiar with that?