Apps crashing on my G1

• Replies:4
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

May 18, 2010, 7:36:52 PM via Website

Within the last week or so, I have been having an increasing number of apps crashing or not responding. For a long time I did not have this problem with those apps. I looked at my phone's memory and saw less than 5MB of storage. I decided to uninstall some apps after seeing that, and the problems are happening less now. I know have 12 MB of memory free.

My question is: have others had this same problem, and do they know if it is in fact related to how much memory is available on the phone?

I had to delete apps that I would rather have not, so I had to be very selective. Annoying to say the least. Thanks for the responses ahead of time.

— modified on May 18, 2010, 7:37:49 PM

Mandi Reyes
  • Forum posts: 13

May 18, 2010, 9:11:36 PM via App

I've had two of my favorite apps disappear...and can't find them when I search the market...idk if it has anything to do with it..

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 19, 2010, 6:53:01 AM via Website

I'm pretty sure low memory on your phone will cause problems. I've heard other people say they get problems around or lower than 15mb free. Hopefully google will come up with a workaround to allow apps to be saved to the external card. One reason they do not allow this is because apps could then be transfered freely from person to person, and even uploaded to unscrupulous sites for people to download paid apps for free.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

May 19, 2010, 4:10:34 PM via App

Jeremiah McLeod
I'm pretty sure low memory on your phone will cause problems. I've heard other people say they get problems around or lower than 15mb free. Hopefully google will come up with a workaround to allow apps to be saved to the external card. One reason they do not allow this is because apps could then be transfered freely from person to person, and even uploaded to unscrupulous sites for people to download paid apps for free.

yeah, i heard about droid problems and i am familiar with the whole 'apps to sdcard issue' but i never heard just what exactly were the problems that the droid users were experiencing.

— modified on May 19, 2010, 4:11:12 PM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 19, 2010, 8:17:04 PM via Website

I'm not sure what the problems are or what causes them either. It could be because alot of apps use this memory space to save settings and other types of info.