beeebplayer and google earth

• Replies:13
gareth cullen
  • Forum posts: 4

May 31, 2010, 5:31:10 PM via Website

hi all ive just purchased the htc desire which is my first touch screen phone (bit of a noob) i was just wondering were u can get beebplayer from and google earth because i cant find them on here but have seen them being used on youtube
cheers
gareth

— modified on May 31, 2010, 5:31:54 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

May 31, 2010, 6:38:53 PM via Website

Are you familiar with the Android Market? When you are connected to a 3G or Wi-Fi network, you can use the Android Market to search for an app from the tens of thousands of Android apps available.

here is the link to Google Earth that you have to visit on your phone. I'm not sure what Beeboplayer is though. Can you clarify that one?

— modified on May 31, 2010, 6:39:27 PM

gareth cullen

May 31, 2010, 11:29:12 PM via Website

hi m8 your links not working for me , ive seen the beebplayer being demostrated on youtube by a car phone ware house rep on the htc desire which is basicaly the same as bbc iplayer

Douglas Carter

Jun 1, 2010, 12:50:08 PM via Website

Did you go to the link on your phone? If you did and that doesn't work, then try searching for "google earth" using the Android Market. I can't actaully see it as I only have Android 1.6 and 2.1 is required for Google Earth

gareth cullen

Jun 1, 2010, 8:45:42 PM via Website

ive looked on here and found it but when u go on the market on your phone its not there just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this?

Douglas Carter

Jun 1, 2010, 9:25:57 PM via App

that is strange because if you have the desire, you have android 2.1. google earth (from what i read) only requires android 2.1. i haven't seen anything about only certain countries having access to the google earth app. i would suggest looking on google for the exclusivity of the app.

Ross
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 2, 2010, 10:57:40 AM via Website

Hey,

For some reason they took google earth down from the market, its been down a while, think its a regional thing cos I think America can still see it.

You can install it manually tho. On your computer go to this link:

http://sites.google.com/site/droidlife10/home/google_earth.apk

download the file, connect your phone to pc and move the file onto your memory card.

Disconnect your phone and use a program like astro file manager or apk manager to install the google earth file onto your phone.

Warning: the app takes up 22 meg of your internal phone memory!!! its huge.

Beebplayer should be on the market place for free download btw did you find it?

Hope this helps

cheers

Ross

Douglas Carter

Jun 9, 2010, 4:56:06 PM via Website

Apparently there were problems with some apps not showing up in the market for awhile. However, Google says that they have fixed the problem, so if you still haven't found them yet, give it another try and see what happens.

— modified on Jun 9, 2010, 5:19:20 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 9, 2010, 5:04:15 PM via Website

Hi Gareth,

I just wanted to say welcome to the Android world :)

Hope the helpful suggestions made by the guys will help you out.

Martin Harkness
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 7:54:27 PM via App

beebplayer has been removed from the market by the dev. Search for iplayer on the market for an alternative. Also Google earth is just Google maps.

blood
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 22, 2010, 12:18:21 AM via App

lol did you mean newbie and not noob.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 22, 2010, 5:50:43 AM via Website

blood

Blood, whats the difference?

Douglas Carter

Jun 22, 2010, 4:00:21 PM via Website

blood

Noob/n00b/newb/newbie all mean the same thing as long as I have been on the internet.

— modified on Jun 22, 2010, 4:01:24 PM

Android Geek
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 24, 2010, 6:58:59 PM via App

use myplayer, it does the same and is newer and is actually available on the market

— modified on Jun 24, 2010, 7:08:30 PM