Froyo

• Replies:6
traviscannon
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 2, 2010, 9:59:29 PM via Website

I know the news says 2.2 or Froyo is supposed to be available in the vague "June" to Moto Droid users but does anybody have any idea on a more specific date when it should go out? I am so pumped about it I cant stand it and I want to get it as soon as possible. I couldn't find where its been discussed but if it has clue me in thanks.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 2, 2010, 10:51:18 PM via Website

The "vague June" date is vague for a reason, and that reason is that the 2.1 update got pushed out not too long ago, so another release so soon is far-fetched. I think Motorola would be setting a record if they got 2.2 out to the Droid in June to be honest. I heard that Android 2.1 to 2.2 is not that big of a change, but I would still be surprised if it came out this month.

July or August is more likely in my opinion, especially since the Android 2.2 running on a lot of Nexus Ones is apparently not the official release version or something like that. I'll keep my eyes open for more news about it though.

— modified on Jun 2, 2010, 10:54:33 PM

traviscannon

Jun 3, 2010, 4:49:10 PM via Website

I appreciate it I'm just excited about the little things I guess. The update all, the apps to the sd card, faster, that kind of stuff. Thanks for the update I guess I'll just have to hold my horses.

traviscannon

Jun 3, 2010, 7:20:33 PM via App

sure.

John wile
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 7:56:12 AM via App

I've been using froyo for a couple of weeks now on my droid and I gotta say it is super fast! It's well worth getting the leaked version, I haven't had any problems whatsoever. The changes are small compared to the speed of the JIT compiler. Check out mydroidworld.com for instructions on installing.