eye problems?

• Replies:15
stefan glibetic
  • Forum posts: 20

Jun 5, 2010, 4:36:12 AM via App

since i got the nexus one 2 months ago, i notised that my eyes hurt, like eye strain, from long use of the phone. i never had problems with my eyes b4 on any other phone, but i had tv and computer problems. is it from the glare? i just dont know what is making my eyes feel so tired...has any one notised this and maybe a tip to reduce eye strain.

stefan glibetic

Jun 5, 2010, 3:57:55 PM via App

i dont know really.. lets say 10 - 30 cm. what should the distance be?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 6, 2010, 8:03:01 PM via Website

i usually keep it at least a foot away (~30cm). Keeping at least that far away for awhile might be something to try. Maybe you hold the phone a lot closer than your other phones for some reason.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 7, 2010, 10:54:14 PM via Website

Douglas' suggestion is worth trying, I think. Maybe it's also a combination of too much phone/computer/TV... My eyes get tired when look at anything for too long, even books.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 17, 2010, 7:36:44 AM via App

stefan glibetic
since i got the nexus one 2 months ago, i notised that my eyes hurt, like eye strain, from long use of the phone. i never had problems with my eyes b4 on any other phone, but i had tv and computer problems. is it from the glare? i just dont know what is making my eyes feel so tired...has any one notised this and maybe a tip to reduce eye strain.
try reducing brightness to 50%.. lower if room is dark.

— modified on Jun 17, 2010, 7:37:20 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 18, 2010, 6:35:14 AM via Website

My eyes seem to have focusing problems when looking at my phone too long, when I look away from it, its like they have trouble swtiching back to a farther focus distance. So I will try Douglas' suggestion of holding it a bit farther back. I'm fine while looking at the phone, but after I put it down my eyes seem tired and don't wanna focus at normal distance again.

stefan glibetic

Jun 21, 2010, 1:11:30 AM via App

thx for the reply, I will get my eyes checked, I also tried the eye test app, and I must say that it's a very well made app.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 22, 2010, 11:55:10 PM via Website

justJay
There is an eye test app.. pretty cool.."Advanced Eye Charts Free" of course you might want to see a professional as well.

Haha, thanks for the suggestion justJay, though I have to say that I find it ironic that there's an app out there geared towards testing eye problems.. when I'm fairly certain alot of eye problems simply come from staring at screens for too long ;)

Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 8, 2010, 2:25:47 PM via App

Could be a few options here. 1st I'd like to know is your age. If you're 35 years or older it may simply be your body getting older and slower. I notice the focus-distance problem with me & for the moment fault my age, 40.
Another thought may be the whole backlit-LCD versus the E-Ink disaplay debate. I would say the most people (over 50%) experience eye strain from extended reading on backlit LCD screens such as laptops and alot of displays. Do you have an E-Ink screen ereader? If not, perhaps consider buying and using one for long term reading.
Just my 2 cents.
Phil

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

May 4, 2011, 9:07:06 AM via Website

I am also suffer sometimes such kind of problem..I have dry and itchy eyes..

milo299
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 25, 2014, 10:33:40 AM via Website

you can reduce brightness or you can change wallpaper.

I like what i see